First of all, I would like to wish all our readers, customers and friends a most happy, successful and fulfilling 2020.
Secondly, I would like to thank all our clients for their invaluable support during 2019 and before. We, at MCA, are so deeply grateful for the wonderful relationships we share with our clients and for the incredible support that we receive from you. We appreciate the comments that you leave us from our weekly articles.
We encourage you to continue to read these articles because it is by reading great books and articles or listening to great podcasts, TED Talks or MP3 or 4 Talks, that you might pick up some great ideas that could radically change your life.
In this article, I want to share with you one habit, that if you practice, will have a huge impact on your life. You will gain more confidence, a sense of well-being and immense happiness.
This will lead to a more powerful and positive mindset.
Please do not underestimate the power of a positive – feel-good mindset. This mindset will empower you to take actions that will radically change your life.
I know that it is much easier to sit and watch “Big Brother” and hope that the government, God or something else will change your life. But great leaders and people do not “hope” – they “act”.
So, what is this one habit that could have a huge positive benefit in your life?
GET UP ONE HOUR EARLIER!!!
Now, If you think that it is too difficult or too much trouble to get out of bed one hour earlier because perhaps you are too tired or it is cold and dark. Go to bed an hour earlier!!! Don’t compromise. This is far too an important habit not to practice. Nearly all the successful, happy and fulfilled people I know are practising this habit.
Now you might be asking yourself, “well, if I get up an hour earlier each morning, what am I going to do with myself for that hour?” I use a catchphrase that Anthony Robbins coined, “MY HOUR OF POWER” because it literally is an hour that will give you phenomenal personal power for the rest of your day. I am going to share with you exactly what I do for my “hour of power” in the mornings.
I have divided my hour into different time segments for different activities in the following manner:
- I spend ten minutes in quiet time, where I pray/meditate during which I use deep breathing, (breathing in through the nose and out through the mouth.) I sit in a comfortable chair to do this, but there are many people who will sit on the floor. This is an opportunity to express gratitude, to become more personally aware and to feel a deep connection with your source.
- I write down 5 things that I am grateful for. I do this every day. I don’t just write them down for the sake of writing them down, but I feel this attitude of gratitude deep within my heart and soul.
- I spend ten minutes reviewing my goals and accounting to myself for the actions that I must execute.
- I go through my affirmations/mantra. The word “MANTRA” means “Freeing the mind.” These powerful verbal affirmations are statements of intent that allow you to input into your minds powerful, uplifting, pure dynamic thoughts instead of the many thoughts that come from people spending their time reading the negativity of the media.
Here are a few examples of my affirmations:
- Everyday in everyway I get better and better
- I am confident, secure and happy
- I love God
- I love life
- I love my family
- I am a growing contributing human being
- What my mind conceives and believes it achieves
- I expect great things
- I live an abundant life
- I am so grateful
- I am free
- I am success
- I am polite and kind
- I am love
- I am joy
- I am a spiritual being having a human experience
- I spend my next ten minutes in deep visualisation where I visualise the outcomes that I expect. The presentations that I will be delivering that day, the interactions that I will be having that day and the goals that I am working on.
- I read anything from 5-6 pages from a good book. I have gained invaluable knowledge through this practise.
- My last activity is “movement”. I will do some stretch exercises and walking. Movement creates energy and frees up the feel-good chemicals of the brain, i.e. endorphin, oxytocin, serotonin and dopamine. This leaves you so much more energised for the day.
So, my friends, this is my challenge to you for the year. Practise your hour of power and please let us know how it is going and the results that you are experiencing. We would like to capture your experiences on our website to serve as an inspiration to our many readers.
Always remember to take charge of your life, take a chance, don’t be puppets, live your life with passion and have fun. I look forward to hearing of your successes this year.